AF finally showed today. I was truly hopeful that I was pregnant. I had some very obvious cramping at 8 DPO that I was nearly convinced was implantation cramping. Alas, it was not. We have decided that we will no longer pursue fertility treatments. I don't have many feelings about it, surprisingly. At least, today. I found an article on an adoption website that does a good job of summing up the feelings that come with infertility. I encourage everyone to check it out: http://adoption-beyond.org/for-adoptive-parents/infertility/
The dresser for our future child's (through adoption) bedroom was delivered today. A sweet lady (and her husband) in our community gave it to us because she felt moved by our experience. I am very touched that she is so thoughtful and generous. The dresser is absolutely perfect for our space. I will be painting it and putting on new knobs. I'll post a picture when I finish it.
I plan to refocus my energy on preparing for an adopted child. We need to finish putting down the new flooring in the bedroom, I need to finish sewing the bedding, now refinish a dresser, and get the little piles of crap around the house sorted out. We also need to get our porch finished. We found someone to do it (hopefully), but his wait list is about two months long. As long as it is finished by winter, I will be fine with it. We won't do a home study until it is complete--we know from experience that we cannot be approved until then.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment