Tomorrow, it has been two weeks since my D&C. This Thursday is my follow-up appointment with my OB. I've read that she could tell me anything from we could start trying again right away to we have to wait for 6 or more months. A lot of it will depend on me emotional state, I think. Overall, I feel pretty strong. Last night, I wrote all of the entries before this one and it was hard. I only teared up, though. I think that's a big step and noticeable progress!
I've done some research on some natural remedies to help with my long, unproductive cycles. (It is a possibility that somewhere in all of this mess, my body straightened itself out, but I'm not holding my breath!) Two herbs that I found are Chasteberry (aka Vitex) and Dong Quai. (I'll let you follow my links for more info on the two herbs). They are both supposed to help with the regulation of cycles, which is a biggie for me. I talked to the lady at natural food/product store about what I should buy. There was a "Women's Fertility" supplement there, but it was lacking the Vitex. It had some other things in it like Black Cohosh which may have been beneficial, but in the end, we decided that buying a bottle of Vitex and a bottle of Dong Quai and taking them together may have the most effect for me.
I don't expect a miracle from these herbs, but I won't turn one away, either. I've read that it can take a couple of months for them to start working, but we may have that much time before we are supposed to start trying again, anyway.
Another alternative medicine that I looked into is acupuncture. Apparently, it can be very effective. I've also found it to be rather expensive. I have only talked to one local place, but their regimen consists of two visits a week for four weeks. To begin, you need a scan, which costs $40. Then, each session costs $50. Unfortunately, that is above my budget. I may call around and see what other doctor's prices are and also my insurance to see if any of it would be covered.
I may be putting the horse before the cart with all of this, but I want to be pro-active this time and try to avoid the side-effects and complications I experienced with the fertility medicine. I'll be sure to keep track of my progress and report my findings here.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment