My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We married when I was 21 (he was 22), and conceived our daughter 6 months later. I went off birth control and 3 months later, I got my positive pregnancy test. She just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago.
In December 2008, I went off The Pill again and hoped maybe for another October baby. The months started rolling by with no sign of a pregnancy in sight. My cycles were crazy-long. When I finally broke down and made an appointment with my OB, I think I was at cycle day 50. Little did I know, long and/or irregular cycles like I was having need some kind of treatment and can be considered infertility. I knew my cycles could be off after going off of The Pill, but they should have straightened out at some point.
My doctor prescribed the medication Provera (link for more info!) to bring on a period. I took it for 10 days, and then 2 days later, my period started. I felt a rush of relief that something had to be working. I was also to take my temperature and keep track of it every morning. In addition to charting, I was to use Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPK's) daily to try to pinpoint ovulation. On cycle days 5-9, I was to take Clomid at 50 mgs. to help with ovulation. My chart looked great, but I never got a positive OPK. I also did not get a positive pregnancy test that month. What I did end up with that cycle was a bit of a surprise to me...
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment