Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progesterone Check

Today, I had my blood drawn for a progesterone check. I hope that my numbers are high, indicating that I ovulated with the assistance of Clomid.

I've continued my gluten-free diet and am noticing a difference in how I feel. My hands no longer hurt in the morning, but they are still a bit weak. I must have accidentally eaten gluten a couple of days ago, because yesterday my rash got worse again...and I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Regardless of what my blood tests show, I will remain gluten-free. I've heard and read time and time again that people with celiac disease do not always have dermatitis herpatiformus, but nearly everyone with dermatitis herpatiformus have celiac. That, coupled with the difference I've noticed in myself in just the past week, is enough to convince me that gluten is the enemy.

I've been dealing with a wide range of emotions lately. I'm very, very sad to be giving up gluten. I knew that I was a carb-loving girl, but I had no idea just how much I relied on gluten-products to keep me happy. There are alternatives, but none that I've found so far are as good as the 'real' thing. I'll learn to like what I'm eating, though, if it is for the greater good of my overall health. Thankfully, the internet is a great source of information and resources!

No comments: