Today, I had an appointment with MD. I talked to him about my joint problems, my rash, and my infertility and miscarraige. One of my husband's coworker's kids were just diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and my symptoms sound very similar to theirs. My doctor said that my rash is a combination of eczema (which I knew I had) and Dermatitus Herpetiformus. The DH is related to Celiac Disease, or at the very least, a gluten intolerance.
So, as I await my test results, I am going on a gluten-free diet. If I have CD, it is a possiblity that eliminating gluten from my diet will be a cure-all for my problems...including infertility.
I'm sad about cutting out some of the foods that I enjoy so much, but if it makes me feel better and allows me to get and stay pregnant, I'm all for it.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Sylvia! This is Lindsey S- Browsed over to your blog through facebook and saw this post. I can definitely understand why giving up gluten would be difficult and thought I'd recommend a blog I read which may be helpful. It's written by a woman named Stephanie, and one of her children is gluten-free, so they decided the whole family would eat gluten free. She cooks primarily from her crockpot (in fact, did a year of crockpotting in 2008- a different recipe every day), so not sure if that's up your alley, but at the very least I think her site may be a great resource of ideas for you.
Here is the site: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Best wishes!
Post a Comment