Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hormones

In case you were wondering (as I was) what hormones I was tested for and why, this is what I found:


Hormone to Test
 
Time
to Test
Normal
Values
What Value Means
 
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)Day 33-20 mIU/mlFSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate. In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS.
Estradiol (E2)Day 325-75 pg/mlLevels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)Day 3< 7 mIU/mlA normal LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.