Thursday, June 28, 2012

Phone Call

This morning, a lady from the foster care agency I've been emailing called me.  I was very honest with her in that we are only willing to take kids 0-3 years old and that our last experience with foster/adopt was not a positive one.  She suggested that police-protective care may be a good fit for us, because some of the children are straight from the hospital...and some of those babies become available for adoption.  Having them right away would give us a good chance at adoption.

I'm still unsure of my feelings on the whole thing.  It is very scary to know that even if a little bitty comes into our home, we may not be able to keep them.  I am in contact with a woman who is in the process of adopting a baby from foster care (they took him home from the hospital), so I know it is possible.  But how probable?

The good news is that we will not have to take another class prior to licensing since we already completed another program.  That is one fairly large hurdle out of the way.

Again, we will not make any major decisions until I graduate.  Hopefully by then, I will have a more clear idea of what we want/can handle.  My husband is on board for whatever I want to do, so the decision is really mine to make.

On another note, I added Mucinex again to my routine.  There isn't much CM left to account for, so I'm hoping the Mucinex will help get whatever is there, moving.

And, for your listening pleasure, a song that I have been listening to on repeat since I bought the soundtrack. I highly recommend you crank your speakers for this song.


No comments: