Sunday, February 6, 2011

Walk-Through

Today, our social worker did an informal walk-through on our house.  She was looking for potential safety issues that would cause a delay when we have our official home study done by the state.  I was very concerned about having her come over, because I am not the world's greatest housekeeper.  She was supposed to come last week, but I asked her to wait because I was gone all week and had no chance to pick things up.  This week was a little less hectic, but I still didn't get everything spotless.  She was very nice about it and said it isn't necessary for the house to pass a white-glove test.  We still need to put child locks on the cabinets, change out a couple of outlets, and install the CO detectors.  There are some other house-keeping issues that I want to get taken care of, but we will have a few weeks to a month and a half to get them completed.

We are also nearing the end of our classes.  Our social worker said there may be an immediate placement for us, or we may have to wait for some time.  I'm willing to do what it takes to get the right child for us...even if that means waiting.  We've waited this long--we've got nothing but time at this point.

I feel relieved to have the initial walk-through done, but I am exhausted from all of the stress.  I'm turning in early tonight!

No comments: