Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Final Class!

Today was our last foster/adopt class!  We still have several steps to complete before we are licensed, including having our home certified by the health department, having a TB test, and finishing a bit of paperwork.  Our social worker will make another visit to our house in a week and a half to go over a home study survey.  It seems surreal that we have made it to this point.  I remember being so anxious to begin our class like it was yesterday.

Our daughter showed me just how excited she is to have a sibling yesterday.  I took her to Build-A-Bear for the first time (something she has been anticipating for some time).  She chose a bear and told me that she wanted to make it for her "new baby brother or baby sister."  She told the lady who put the stuffing in, also.  She put two hearts in the bear--one for her, and one for her future sibling and kissed them before putting them in.  I almost cried in the store, it was so sweet.

No comments: