Saturday, February 12, 2011

House Work

Today, my family spent the day working on our house.  Our basement was a disaster, but it is almost completely cleaned out now.  We also installed the carbon monoxide detectors and moved the smoke detectors.  (We had one in the hallway between our room and our daughter's, but the health department says that there has to be one in each bedroom).  Tomorrow, my step-dad will be replacing a couple of outlets.  The only thing left to get ready will then be our backyard.  We currently have a pond, but it leaks and is more of a pain than it is worth.  We will be removing it and cleaning up a few other things.

I got the baby items I ordered in the mail a couple of days ago from www.thredup.com.  I have enough crib sheets now to last forever.  I love the carrier/wrap that I ordered.  If we get a baby who is older than a newborn, they may need to be held consistently for comfort and bonding (more than usual), so it will be very nice to be able to hold the baby and have use of both hands at the same time.

Tomorrow, I will finish the bedding for the crib.

It almost feels like this is real and going to happen soon!  :)

1 comment:

nicolesspirit878 said...

We are in the foster parenting process and your blog is a nice read! Glad I found you! Looking forward to reading future post.