Friday, February 25, 2011

Refreshing Inspiration

This afternoon, my advisor asked how our adoption process is going.  I shared with her that I have been frustrated that everything has to be so difficult, but we are pushing through.  I also told her about my hope, coupled with worry about being able to adopt a tiny baby.  She gave me this quote by the American mythologist, Joseph Campbell.  She said she wanted me to have it and share with my husband, because she knows that when people get wrapped up in the details and red tape of major life events, sometimes it is hard to stay inspired.  So true.  I thought it was very timely and poignant.

"Follow your bliss.
If you do follow your bliss,
you put yourself on a kind of track
that has been there all the while waiting for you,
and the life you ought to be living
is the one you are living.
When you can see that,
you begin to meet people
who are in the field of your bliss,
and they open the doors to you.
I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,
and doors will open
where you didn't know they were going to be.
If you follow your bliss,
doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else
."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I adopted three children from the foster care system, I just wanted to share with you to not lose hope and to keep your spirits high. It does take a long time to get to the adoption stage, but the time you have with before it becomes final is precious also. It took nearly two years for each of our children to finalize, it took nearly a year to sever the parental rights for the children and then almost another year to get through all the paperwork, but the whole time the children were in our home and we knew they would one day be ours, so never lose hope, even when it seems it will never be done! I wish you the best of luck with expanding your family and I know you will be a wonderful parent to a child who needs you!!