Saturday, January 29, 2011

Look What I Can Do!

Today, I spent allllll day at my mom's house learning to sew.  I think the last time I touched a sewing machine was in 8th grade Home Ec. when I did a horrible job on my quillo.  When I chose this pattern and material, my mom said she'd help me with it, but that it would be my project.  She helped me understand the instructions and get started.  She guided me the rest of the way, but I did all the cutting and sewing on my own.

This is the quilt.  I need to sew the batting and backing on and then it will be complete.

This a piece of the crib skirt.  I have some detail stitching to finish on the rest of the pieces and then need to sew it to the base.  (Note the crib and the white breathable bumper :D )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...luuuuuuuuucky baby. :)

I know all about feeling COMPLETELY overwhelmed during the foster/adopt classes. PLEASE email me if you ever want some perspective! ;) There were so many times where we thought, "Nope, we can't do this...let's stop classes..."

SO glad we didn't!

anonomity said...

Beautiful! I love the fabrics you picked. You did a great job sewing! :-)