Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Everywhere!

A couple of weeks ago, we watched, "Home for the Holidays."  It is put on by the Dave Thomas Foundation to raise adoption awareness--specifically adoption through the foster system.  They even featured the agency we are going through.  It was an emotional experience to watch it.

Also, "Brothers and Sisters," has a story line about a gay couple adopting through the foster system.  They had a long journey coming to that decision, and it somewhat goes along with our own story.

I talked with another mom at my daughter's dance school yesterday about our plans, and she gave me some good information.  She works for SRS and has worked with foster children and the system for many years.

I constantly feel like I'm being reminded that this is the right thing for us to do--that this was the plan all along and that we are only now privy to the information.  We begin our class on Saturday.  I can't wait!

No comments: