Friday, January 14, 2011

A Big Purchase


I've been contemplating buying a crib for some time now.  While our social worker makes it seem like three-ish months is a long time to become licensed, I think it isn't much time at all to prepare.  (Not that I'm complaining; I just need to get moving!)  Yesterday, I found a crib at Target on clearance.  They only had one left, so I asked if I could purchase it and then pick it up today.  They said they didn't hold things, so I tried to think of a way to take it with me.  It certainly wasn't going to fit in my car.  My mom's car is smaller than mine, so that was out.  My husband (and the truck) were at home, 30 minutes away.  Then, I remembered that my brother has an SUV, so I called him.  Thankfully, I was able to get it.  It still isn't at our house yet, because my husband will have to get it from my brother's house tomorrow morning when he gets off work.  I can't wait to get it put together!!

This is the crib:
...and this is the fabric I have picked out to make the quilt, bed skirt, and curtains.


1 comment:

anonomity said...

That is so exciting, congrats on the crib! I hope you have a baby to fill it with very soon!

I also am giving you the Stylish Blogger award, because I love reading your blog. :-) Click back over to my blog to check it out!