Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving and it is a time to count our blessings.  I always try to write out what I am thankful for so that I can look at it when I am feeling down and discouraged.

I am thankful for my beautiful, funny, smart daughter.
I am thankful for my handsome, hardworking, husband who keeps me laughing.
I am thankful for our marriage and that it feels like it gets better and better with time.
I am thankful for our health and that we three are not sick today.  (Both my husband and daughter were in the last few days).
I am thankful for our modest, fixer-upper home.  I love it and don't plan on moving ever again.
I am thankful for my husband's job.  He worked so long and hard to get it and we will never forget that.  It isn't a high paying job, but it is his dream and he excels at it.
I am thankful to have (nearly) one semester behind me as a full-time college student (for the second time).
I am thankful that I do not have to work while I am going to school.  Things are tight, but not so much so that I have to spend even more time away from my family.
I am thankful for the little town in which we live and also our church.
I am thankful for my musical ability.  I may not be a professional, but I throughly enjoy making music in several different ways.
I am thankful for our decision to adopt.  It has been a long, painful road to get to this point, but I know we are closer to child #2 every day.

...I could go on and on!  I am truly blessed.

No comments: