Thursday, November 4, 2010

Frustration

I just received a call from the lady from the foster-to-adopt agency.  She explained to me that they are now requiring families who want to adopt to be strictly foster parents to start.  I asked her for how long, and she said it depends.  Then, she went on to tell me about a family who fostered a little boy for a year.  I told her that I wasn't sure that is something we are able and willing to do.  If we didn't already have our daughter, maybe it wouldn't matter as much.  However, I am not willing to have someone in her life (as a sibling) for a year and then have them removed.  We are also not willing to take children older than her.  Not only that, but it will take us even longer to adopt a child of our own if we have to foster for x amount of time.

The lady is sending us the information, but I feel so discouraged right now.  First, there is no way that we can afford an adoption through an agency or a private adoption, and now we may not be able to do fostering-to-adopt.  I just want to scream.

1 comment:

anonomity said...

I'm so sorry. Hopefully when you get the information the wait time won't be so long. In the mean time, it is ok to scream. ((hugs))