Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Learning Experience

This isn't related to this blog, but I wanted to write my feelings out about my experience early this week. I attended a leadership conference with a group from my church. I learned a lot about leadership, including one definition, "leadership is the ability to disappoint people at an acceptable rate." I thought that was very interesting...and also very true.

I also learned a lot about myself on our trip. I had several people comment on things that I had said or done, which was very much out of the ordinary for me. In fact, I laughed so hard that I cried about how ridiculous it was. I tend to think of myself as a wallflower who people do not pay much attention to. However, I feel now that people may actually be listening. As I said in the conference, that is a great tool to have for leadership, but also adds some pressure! I was also given probably the biggest compliments of my life there, which certainly made me feel good. I don't typically have much self-confidence, and this week gave me a little more. I hope it can stay now that I'm back in the real world.

No comments: