Saturday, August 14, 2010

Evil, Evil Gluten

While I was at the leadership conference, I was able to eat gluten-free, thanks to the catering staff. I didn't realize that the special piece of paper in my name tag was to tell the staff that I need to have gluten-free meals until halfway through the conference. I felt a bit pretentious having special food made for me, but it was nice to not have to worry. Despite their efforts at keeping me healthy, I 'glutened' myself anyway. We went to the hotel bar and I had one drink too many, which impaired my judgement. One of my friends asked the bartender to bring something over for us to snack on. After he set the pretzels on the table, I grabbed a few and ate them. I suddenly realized that I could not eat them, but it was too late. (I'm still shaking my head and rolling my eyes at myself!) Needless to say, I'm itching again still. Thankfully, my legs are almost entirely healed, but now the rash is on my back and palms of my hands. Ack! I also 'glutened' myself yesterday by drinking a flavored water. When will I ever learn to read every label?!

I'm taking Clomid now, which is always a delight. Actually, this round hasn't been too bad thus far. I've had a few hot flashes, but it has been so hot outside that sometimes it is hard to tell if it is the meds or the weather. I'm hoping so much to get pregnant this cycle. I would be due toward the latter part of May, which would be perfect. I was also due with the baby we lost in mid-May, so it would be nice to have a happy reminder in May. No pressure, though. *sigh*

No comments: