Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letting Go

I'm preparing now to become a full-time college student.  I thought for a moment--again--about waiting to try for another baby until I am finished with school.  That would make my daughter at least 7 years older than her sibling.  I was so sad about the idea of waiting, but thought it would probably be best.  Then, I talked to my husband about it.  I asked what he wanted to do and he said that we should just keep trying.  We don't know how long it will take to have another baby at this point, and we'll worry about daycare and school when we come to it.

I truly believe that we will have another child when the correct time comes...in my heart.  In my mind, I'm always planning.  Always counting out nine months from each new month on the calendar.  Always stressing out about the future.  There isn't anything I can do about it, though, so I'm trying to let go and relax.  I'm going to keep on trying, taking my fertility meds, etc., but know that a baby won't happen before he or she was meant to.  If we get pregnant right now, we'll have a late October/early November baby (see--I told you!), and I have to have faith that it will be okay.  I also have to have faith that it will happen.  Eventually.  When it's supposed to.  Right?

No comments: