On Friday night, I went to The Blue Moon with some friends. I hadn't been there since before my miscarriage. I sang a lot of karaoke and had a great time just hanging out. My husband stayed home to take care of our daughter. When he dropped me off, he made the comment that we should compromise by me going out that night and he could go hunting the next morning. I told him that was fine and went on my way. The next morning, he came home and was very vague about his hunting expedition. That is out of character for him--he usually tells me every little detail, so I knew something was up. He went out the the car and came back in and told me that he hadn't really been hunting. He had gone to Walmart at 6 am and stood in line for 2 hours to buy me a new laptop. I just melted. I'm so excited about my new computer, but the fact that he did that for me--it means more than I can put into words.
Today (Sunday), I went to visit my grandparents. Their church was having a 125th anniversary. I spent a lot of time with them and in the church as a kid, so we decided to make the trip down. I'm glad we did. The service was nice, it was great to see old friends, and the pastor's message really spoke to me. After the service and meal, I spoke to the pastor. He didn't know about my miscarriage, so I told him a bit about it. He suddenly reached out to me and prayed that God heal my body and allow me to carry a healthy baby to full-term. I was so moved by that, it almost made me tear up.
I have to share a little bit of the message from the pastor today. He said, "Where you begin has nothing to do with where you end up." His example was that Jesus was born in a stable, but that didn't prevent Him from achieving all that He did/does. I've had a lot of adversity in my life--not just my miscarriage. Thankfully, I feel like I've come through most of it in as good as shape as could be and carried on. However, what the pastor said today reaffirmed that for me and renewed my feelings about overcoming adversity.
Anyway, I know that's pretty 'church-y', but it moved me and I hope that it might also touch you in some way.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment