Thursday, November 12, 2009

More Hard Moments

Today, I made the mistake of trying to figure out how far along I should have been at this point in my pergnancy.  I was supposed to have been almost 14 weeks pregnant at this point.  I would have probably started to feel some little flutterings soon and would also be able to find out whether we were having a boy or girl within a few weeks.  My friends who are due around the time I was are begining to show a bit.  Let's just say that it is hard.

This week marks one month since my D&C.  How it is possible it has been a month, I'll never know.  It is good and bad, but mostly good that time is passing and we're moving on.  (For the most part).  I have yet to get my 'regular' cycles back, but that is to be expected.  My doctor said that if I haven't gotten a period within 6 weeks post-D&C, she'll give me medicine to get things rolling.  I'm a planner, so I know that means it will be even longer before we can get pregnant.  Two weeks from now will be the end of November.  Add 10 days on to that taking the medicine, probably a week or so of a period, then two weeks of waiting to see if I ovulate... If we are so lucky to get pregnant on the first cycle, we are looking at another October baby.  My husband, daughter, and myself are all October birthdays.  I'm okay with that.  I can be okay with it.  *Please, please, please don't take much longer than that!*  December would mark a year of trying for another baby.  Ouch.

No comments: