Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tools of the Trade

I'm now on CD 5.  Today will be my third day taking 100 mg. of Clomid.  I will continue to do so until CD 7.  So far, the side effects haven't bothered me much.  I got a little bit dizzy for a moment yesterday while I was taking a test, but it passed without much incident.  I also feel slightly more on edge/emotional, but not so much that I can't manage it.  There is still plenty of time for the fun to come yet.  LOL.

I decided to take a picture of part of the implements that go into TTC for me.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "Just relax and it will happen," or "If you stop trying, you'll get pregnant right away!"  No, sorry.  It doesn't always work that way.  Yes, for the majority of general population, all that is required to get (and stay) pregnant is to have sex.  Woo!  (If it were only that easy ;) ).  However, there are many people like me--just relaxing doesn't solve the biological issues that are causing trouble in TTC.

In the picture, the blue packets are ovulation test strips, while the pink are pregnancy tests.  (I'm hoping to not use all of them and be able to pass them on to someone who needs them!)  The Clomid is the white box and I'm sure you can tell what the other instrument is.  :)  Not pictured is my fertilityfriend.com account that keeps track of everything for me (for free, by the way).


I also want to point out that keeping track of my temperatures in *C is helping to keep my over analysing in check.  I have no idea if my temps are higher or lower than they used to be.  I just know what it looks like on the chart--and that's really all that matters, especially since my cycles have never been text book.

No comments: