Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another Change in Direction

After much discussion and thought, we have decided that the foster/adoption option is not for us.  We came to the conclusion about a month ago, but decided to hold onto the information for a while.  Some of you may already know, but some not.

Our social worker made things quite difficult for us and we know that we could never live up to her expectations.  Even if we were to persevere beyond her, I'm not sure we have the kind of time available to meet all of the needs of a child from foster care.  There are physical and/or speech therapy, medical doctor, social worker, etc. appointments to be met along with arranging for visitation with birth parents.  Court dates can take up a significant amount of time, as well as continually meeting all of the requirements of the agency.

Therefore, we have begun to try on our own again.  You may have noticed my Fertilyfriend.com ticker under my other tickers.  I have my annual exam in July, so I began charting again to show my doctor and see if I need any intervention.  Thus far, things look like they are straightening out own their own.  Let's hope this is truly the case.  We will also mention to my doctor that we would like to be considered in case any of his patients are considering adoption for their babies.  That would be a private adoption, and it would be rather costly, but we will find a way if the situation presents itself.

Thank you for your continued support.  It means more than you know!

3 comments:

anonomity said...

I'm so sorry your social worker was making things difficult for you. DH and I also had our hearts set on foster-adoption, and also found the requirements and demands to be nearly impossible for us at this stage. Very frustrating, especially considering I'm sure you both would be wonderful foster parents!

I wish you all the luck in the world getting pregnant on your own. Sending lots of BFP dust your way!!!! :-)

-Melissa said...

Good luck Sylvia. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Crystal said...

Ah, I didn't realize you had made this decision. I've thought about being a foster parent a lot lately, but I don't see how we could manage it until the girls are much older and unless I could stay at home full-time, for all the reasons you mentioned. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I can definitely understand why!