Thursday, September 30, 2010

CD 1

Unfortunately, I had another negative pregnancy test this morning.  That was followed by spotting and some cramping.  If CD 1 isn't today, it is sure to be tomorrow.

I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow to try something other than Clomid, but I'm not sure how much we'll proceed.  This will be the last cycle we try to get pregnant until July 2011.  I'm very sad about that, but I know it is for the best.

My husband and I discussed adoption again this morning.  He wants to have another baby, for sure, regardless of how the child comes to us.  I told him that it is a real possibility that adoption may be our only option.  He is fine with that, but at what point do we proceed?

At this point, I think I'd like to try again next summer, just for a last go at it.  I've only been gluten-free for three months at this point, so perhaps my body isn't healed enough yet to carry a pregnancy.  Maybe it will have been healed enough by then.  If we do not concieve successfully next summer, we will more than likely procced with attempting a private adoption.

Have I said that I hate this process with a passion?  I do.  I truly, truly do.

1 comment:

Christina said...

You and I both! I'm also on CD1 and hate this whole process. I've been wrestling with trying to figure out what we'll do if our next iui's don't work. It's all so frustrating! Thinking of you!