Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eleven Months

Eleven months ago, we were on our way home from vacation in Colorado.  We'd had a great time and enjoyed the trip as our last vacation of a family of 3.  I was overjoyed at the thought of being pregnant after struggling with secondary infertility.  I had no idea that the baby we wished and prayed for had passed away.  Two days later was my daughter's third birthday.  I talked about my pregnancy and got many congratulations.  Two days after that, I started bleeding.  I went to my doctor for what should have been my first OB appointment.  I had a sonogram and it was determined that our baby did not have a heart beat.  Late that night, I began to miscarry naturally.  The next morning I had another sonogram and was told I would need a D&C.  That day also happened to be my birthday.

Also, a year ago today, I got my BFP.  (Big fat positive...pregnancy test).  09/09/09 is a hard date to forget.  I told my husband two days later on 9/11 so that he would have something to celebrate instead of (only) feeling sad about the WTC/FDNY.

Today is a somber, sad day for me.  I'm struggling with these 'milestones' more than I imagined that I would.

No comments: