Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today is My Due Date

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my baby on my lap and told him about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold him on Your lap and tell him about me?"

It's an appropriately gray day here today.  I had big plans to celebrate our angel baby's birthday.  I wanted to release a balloon at the top of a beautiful hill and plant a raspberry bush.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature had different plans.  We were not far from the balloon release site when bad weather moved in.  Tornado sirens sounded just 10 minutes after we left.  I am quite disappointed.  I was able to spend the day with my husband and daughter, though, so it wasn't a complete loss.

I've been a bit teary a few times today, but not as bad as I expected.  I suppose I've spent the last couple of weeks dreading this day so much that it when the day finally arrived, it is just another day.

No comments: