Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back from OB/GYN

My annual appointment went exactly as I could have hoped.  I told him that I have been officially diagnosed with Celiac disease and provided him with a list of my cycle lengths since going gluten-free.  He said that it appears (as I suspected) that I am ovulating about half of the time.  That isn't great, but it is much better than it used to be.  Therefore, I will be starting Clomid at 100 mg in two cycles.  I will also take Mucinex during ovulation to help with any drying of CM that usually occurs with Clomid (at least for me).  He said his buddies who specialize in infertility recommend Mucinex, which sounds kind of funny, but that's good enough for me.

He said he still believes I am a good candidate for Clomid therapy, particularly since I ovulated while taking it even before the Celiac disease diagnosis.

I'm praying for a drug-induced miracle.  The next twelve months will be our last shot to conceive (and hopefully deliver) a child.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Found you at random. Funny Internets! I suffer(ed?) from infertility as well and can vouch for the mucinex being a common suggestion. It was Robitussin DM for us back when we were ttc. It's with the idea that it thins secretions ,typically those in the sinus/lungs but it works on all of them!

Best of luck ttc! Our first was a clomid/met miracle after 11 years of ttc and on our next try... TWINS!