Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Break

Christmas break is a mere two and a half weeks away.  I'm anxiously awaiting my month off from school for many reasons, including the obvious month off from school.  This semester has tried my patience and my ability to keep up on things more than I would prefer.  Thankfully, next semester will be a lighter load and my last as an in-class college student (for now, anyway).  The following semester will be spent student-teaching, which means that I will be graduating a year from now.  (WWWWWOOOOOOOTTTTT!)

Another big reason I'm anticipating the break is because a lot of that time will be devoted to getting serious about a private adoption.  We will be contacting lawyers who specialize in private adoptions, working on the house to get it home-visit ready, finishing the crib set, and putting together our adoption portfolio.  It seems scary right now, but I know everything we've gone through and have yet to experience will be more than worth it when we hold our child.

I may not have any updates between now and mid-December due to final projects and prepping for tests, but I'm sure I will be blogging rapidly during Christmas break.

Hang on...this may be a bumpy ride!

No comments: