Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Research

I subscribe to a newsletter published by www.celiac.com.  One of the articles in their newest newsletter discussed research on infertility related to Celiac disease.  The research wasn't conclusive, but it gave me a bit of hope.  Two statements jumped out at me amid the medical jargon:  Women who experience CD-related infertility tend to experience 1) increased infertility in the two years leading up to diagnosis and 2) increased fertility in the five years post-diagnosis--as in, fertility beyond that of women without CD.  Obviously the second half of the statement hasn't come to fruition for me, but it does give me something.

In other news, I am currently at CD 20.  If my body is working correctly, AF should show soon.  I'm hoping that if I am not pregnant, I at least get some closure sooner this cycle than last.

This was our last cycle actively TTC until late March or April.  I will be student teaching in the fall and it wouldn't be prudent to give birth in the middle of that semester.  March would give us a December baby...right around graduation.  Again, I'm NOT holding my breath.

No comments: