Sunday, February 7, 2010

Long Time, No Post

What the heck happened to me?  Who knows.  I get distracted easily.  :)

Let's see...I took Clomid on CD 5-9.  My side effects while taking the pills were mostly minimal.  I felt a little more on edge, had some acne break outs, and experienced some vertigo from time to time.  Other than that, it was smooth sailing.

I'm now on CD 17.  It has yet to be determined if I have ovulated or will ovulate.  However, I started to feel some twinges a few days ago.  I brushed them off, thinking maybe it was ovulation.  Tonight, the twinges have been more like period cramps, so I did some investigating.  Upon poking around on my lower abdomen, I found a tender, swollen area under the skin.  If my memory serves me correctly, this is exactly how things played out on my last cycle of Clomid.  That tender, swollen area grew to be the size of my hand.  My doctor said that if I develop a cyst, I'll have to take the next cycle off to allow it to go down.  That's what happened last time and looks like the path I'm walking down now.

The upside to all of this is...the cycle I had to take off due to a cyst before was when I became pregnant.  Then again, that ended in miscarriage, so it may be a Catch 22.

As usual, only time will tell...

No comments: